Red Snapper with Red Wine & Green Pepper Sauce
4 fillets of red snapper
2 tbsp butter
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup cream
2 tsp green peppercorns, crushed
1 tbsp corn starch
water to make corn starch slurry
salt and pepper
1. Heat butter in a large skillet. Brown fish slightly on both sides until fully cooked, place on plate and keep warm.
2. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil for 1 min. Then add cream and peppercorns. Stir constantly until it starts to boil.
3. Mix corn starch with a small amount of water to make a slurry.
4. Drizzle in corn starch slurry as you rapidly stir the sauce. Allow to cook for a minute more until the sauce thickens and the corn starch taste cooks out. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour sauce over fish and serve with rice or boiled potatoes.