Baked Lobster Savannah with Newburg Sauce
2 lobsters (1 1/4 lb each)
1/2 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 oz Newburg sauce (recipe follows)
8 oz sea scallops
4 medium mushrooms, sliced
10 slices aged provolone
2 whole roasted red peppers, sliced
2 whole roasted green peppers, sliced
4 oz grated parmesan
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take the lobster, place it stomach-side down on the counter, and with a heavy knife cut the lobster in half starting behind the head. This kills the lobster by severing its spine. If you are not comfortable doing this ask your local fish market to cut it for you.
3. In a large saucepan add about 4 oz of Newburg sauce and put on low heat. Add the scallops, shrimp and sliced mushrooms. Cook until seafood is halfway cooked, about 5 min.
4. Place scallop and shrimp sauce over each half of the lobster and top with slices of provolone. Add slices of roasted peppers and top with fresh grated parmesan. Cook until golden brown, about 18 min.
1 oz dry sherry
1 cup half and half
1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour mixture to the melted butter and stir constantly.
3. Add the sherry to the sauce and continue stirring until it thickens. Add the half and half and heat through, continuing to stir. Serve with Lobster Savannah.